How to install Visitor Analytics
On any HTML-website
It only takes a few minutes to install Visitor Analytics on your own website. Once installed, you will be able to get a clear grasp on your website traffic!
Here is how to install Visitor Analytics:
- Sign in to or register your Visitor Analytics account.
- Add your website url and select your timezone
NOTE: We recommend you to copy the URL address from the address bar of your browser. This way you make sure that the URL is complete and correct.
- Copy the Tracking Code generated by our app and place it in the source code, right before the closing </body> tag, then publish the changes.
NOTES: You might need to embed the tracking code on each page (in case the body is different) or you can also try to embed it in the <head> section as well if you consider it better.
- Go back to your Visitor Analytics Dashboard and Click on Check if code is working correctly button.
- If everything has been successfully accomplished, you may visit your live site, then refresh the dashboard's window to see your first stats.
- In case you will ever need to re-install the tracking code, you can find it in your Account Settings, or by simply checking the Tracking code notification icon from the right corner of the dashboard's header.
- After creating an account, an email will be sent to your inbox which contains all the necessary details. Do not forget to Confirm your account within 10 days.
- If you already have an account, all you need to do is to Add a new website to your account, starting to follow the instructions from the 2nd step.
- You can find detailled information on how to add your tracking code for any type of website in the video above or in our install guide depending on the platform your website is based on.
- Please, do not hesitate to contact our support directly, if you encounter difficulties at any of the steps!
PS: We are now part of the GTM (Google Tag Manager) community. You can add Visitor Analytics to your website directly through GTM.