Great tools to use when you are editing your website content
Creating amazing website content for your business is not an easy job! Of course, there are a lot of things to consider before editing, but I will just briefly mention 3 general techniques to consider when writing your content.
Tips to consider when you write your business content
- Know your customers! And I mean, really know them: where are they from, which pages are they visiting when landing on your website, what is the content with the highest engagement and what is your most popular referral. Based on this, you can already shape some ideas about the content and the tone of voice that you should use. Of course, the ideal case is to create some detailed customer personas and write the content that would be read by those customers
- Use short sentences and paragraphs
- Avoid complicated words or jargon and address the text to your visitor (use you)
- Use your keywords and make your language sound as natural as it is needed for your target group
Now, since you already have a website and a tool to see your data (e.g. Visitor Analytics), we will just suppose that you know who your customer is and you already wrote your texts. But you just need to tweak it a bit and make sure that it sounds good and it is easy to use.
The internet is fast and full of resources nowadays! So, why not use them?
6 tools that you might like & use to check your website content
- Hemingway — Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear. It will also highlight your hard-to-read sentences or peculiar phrases.
- Grammarly — Finds & corrects mistakes of your writing.
- Plagiarism checker —Tool to see if your text is duplicated.
- Paperrater — This a tools used to check your papers and get a grade on them, but it works well with blog articles too! It has a Free Grammar Checker to find those pesky mistakes and correct them before publishing your post, gives you some writing suggestions and it also integrated with a plagiarism checker.
- Medium — a community of readers and writers offering unique perspectives on ideas large and small. To make it more clear: a great place to see some great content and get inspired.
- Headline Analyzer — Emotional marketing value headline analyzer. We know that this might sound fancy, but reaching your customers in a deep and emotional way is a key to successful copywriting and content writing. Therefore, your headline is unquestionably among the most important piece of copy you use to reach prospects. If they do not like the Headline, they will not click it. So, the content will not be read. And they will not buy your product. And you got the point, right?