Google Search is the most used search engine across the web, and it helps 4.5 billion users every month discover new content, news, images, videos, and everything published on a (well-optimized and indexed) website.
What is Google?
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful.
The essential tool for a website SEO is Google Search, the search engine with over 90% of the search engines market share worldwide. The search engine is used by people to find websites, news, pictures, videos, maps, or even just the answer to some calculus or a crossword clue.
Google Search uses GoogleBot, a web crawler, to search through the websites available on the web by looking for relevant keywords and examining the content and its backlinks. Once all the content is checked, it indexes it to make the websites easier for the search engine to find.
The company has various other products and service, that fall under the following categories:
- Search & explore; so a user can quickly ask questions and find answers. Such As Google Search Engine, Google Translate, Chrome, and Maps
- Watch & play; To easily stream music and Movies through YouTube Music, ChromeCast, Google Play Movies & TV, YouTube
- Devices made by Google; From with phones to wifi systems, they launched: Pixel, Connected Home, Pixelbook Go, Google Wifi
- Use anywhere type of services or devices, such as Android Auto, Android OS, Wear OS by Google, and Chromebook.
- Talk & text services such as Gmail, Messages, Google Duo, Hangouts chat
- Stay organized & Work smarter tools: Google Photos, Contacts, Calendar, Keep, and all the Google Drive options (Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
- Tools to grow a business: Google Ads, AdSense, Analytics, Google My Business
What is Google Search?
Google Search is a web search engine developed by Google; it is available in 149 languages, used by 4.5+ billion active users per month with 5.4 billion searches daily - which makes Google search the most used search engine on the World Wide Web, with 92.62% market share.
Google's key benefits and its impact on SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is often about making small modifications to parts of the pages or website, but when combined with other optimizations, they could have a remarkable impact on the site's user experience (UX), accessibility, and performance in organic search results.
SEO refers to helping search engines understand and present the site content to the relevant users at the right time. Google Search is the biggest player on the market, and there are multiple key benefits to rank higher in its search result pages such as:
If the site is well optimized, Google Search helps over 90% of users discover your content.
Within Google Search, a website owner has the flexibility to choose which pages should be indexed and shown, and which pages shouldn't be crawled
Google guides website owners on how to help users understand your content, through meta-titles, meta-descriptions, heading tags, structured data markup, and many more.
The appearance in Google Search results is easy to manage, as Google uses structured data to understand the content on the page, so the website owner can provide specific information about the site, in order to display richer features in search results.