A traffic chart displays the peak traffic per hour, day, and month and it can be used to launch website content and campaigns at the right time.
What metrics are displayed in Traffic Charts?
Traffic Charts refer to a set of charts displaying the number of visitors and page visits per month, day and hour. The following metrics are displayed in the charts within the dashboard:
- Number of Visitors by Hour -see where your traffic has peaked during the day. These numbers are calculated based on the average number of visitors at a certain time per day over the course of a week. The same visitor that visits the website multiple times during different times of the will be counted once per time period.
- Number of Visitors by Day - see where your traffic has peaked during the week. The same visitor that visits the site on different days will be counted once per day.
- Number of Visitors by Month - the number of visitors your website had monthly during the past year. A visitor is counted for each month that he has visited.
- Number of Page Loads by Month - the number of page loads your website had monthly during the past year.
- Number of Page Loads by Hour - see how your traffic has peaked during the day by seeing an average hourly page load for the past week.
- Number of Page Loads by Week Days - the number of daily page loads for the past week.
Why should you analyze Traffic Charts?
Tracking and analyzing these metrics help you:
- Schedule the best times and days to publish new content (e.g., blog posts, new products in the shop, etc.).
- Pick the right timeframe to send promotions in a pop-up or to ask for e-mail addresses.
- Identify the right time to launch a great giveaway or contest
- Boost your traffic and get the best performance for your paid partnerships in terms of content (ad content)
- Engage with your customers via chat at the right time. You can learn what the best day and time is to be fully available for your visitors.