Visitor Analytics Account Settings. All you need to know
In your account settings you can add your account information, manage your websites, start a White Label Agency, or find an overview of your invoices. For more information, please click one of the articles below:
In this view, you can Add or Edit your Personal information (these apply to the account itself), and also Add or Edit your Business information (in case you want to Enable White Labelling for your account, so that your clients know who you are). Here you can also Delete the account if needed.
- Personal information represent your account credentials (Email Address & Password) and the name you would like us to address you. Changing the Email or the Password, will affect the login credentials, so make sure you have them at hand.
- Business information consists of the name of your company, the business sector your company is in, the address and VAT number (if applicable). Here you can also manage your White-Labelling subscription and the billing details, in case you decide you want to customize the app for your client(s) with your own company details, logo and colors and share the stats with them. Find more about this within the White Label section.
- Account Options give you the possibility to Delete your account completely. Note that you can only do that after removing all the websites from your account, as an extra layer of security, to make sure it doesn't get deleted by mistake. Once that is done, you can also delete the account. You will NOT be able to restore existing account information or website data.
In this view you are being presented all the websites that were added to your account. The websites can be filtered by their current status, or you can also search for a specific one if needed.
- If your role for a specific website is not "owner" some details/options might not be available for you.
- All the data shown in the graphs is based on the selected period of time.
- If some of the websites were added at a later time, you might see empty graphs for the current range, so make sure you select an applicable date range to see data for the desired website.
Each website has some essential details that will be explained below.
- The URL of the website and the More options (right beside it)
- Clicking the URL will select the website and you will be redirected to its stats dashboard
- The "More options" gives you the ability to manage even more things for that website, such as:
- View its tracking code, in case you need to copy it again
- Manage Contributors, to share the stats with your colleagues/collaborators/clients
- get redirected to the Website Settings, to set some specific aspects per website
- Copy Website ID, its sole purpose is to make an integration with Google Tag Manager possible, just copy the website's ID, and fill in the required field when installing our app via GTM
- Apply White-Label, to enable the custom theme you created for your customers, and get a commission from the subscription they are paying (for that website)
- Remove the Website, to completely delete it, but make sure you really want to do it, because it cannot be recovered
Important note: If the account you are logged in with, has the role of a contributor for the website, you will not have the permission to delete it, but only to leave.
- The status of the website, which can be either:
- Active, if the app was installed correctly and the visits are being tracked
- Inactive, if the tracking code was not or wrongly embedded in the source code of your website and the app cannot track the visits
Important note: So there could be the case, that you find a website with the status "Inactive", even though you installed the tracking code correctly. Please either visit the website yourself (if you have not excluded your own visits from tracking) or wait for the first visit to happen on your website. The status should be "Active" afterwards. To check whether the tracking code has been installed correctly, you can always click on the red or green dot icon at the top left corner within the header (once you select the website).
- Your role for the website:
- Owner, Editor, Watcher
- White Label status:
- Enabled, if the custom White-Labelled theme is applied to that website
- Disabled, if the website's stats are only presented in the default Visitor Analytics theme to every user that has access to them
- Website's Pricing Plan:
- The name of the pricing plan this website is currently running on, depending on the website's traffic (important hint: if you have a WiX-website, you will only see a link "View on WiX" link to manage your plan directly in your Wix account)
- The plans are colored depending on the current status of the subscription: green (active plan), orange (expired, ended, cancelled). If the color of the plan is orange, hover it to find more details and go to the website's subscription settings to manage your plan.
- Important KPIs for your website (Visitors, Unique Visitors, Page visits, Conversions), from which you can choose to be transposed into a graph on the right side
Hint: If you move your cursor to single data points within the chart, you will see additional information.
If you want to add a new website, you need to click on the button "+ Add a new website" in the upper right corner of the view. You will then be forwarded to a modal "Do you want to add a WiX Website".
- If you do, please click the button "Yes": You will be forwarded to WiX. If you want to know how Visitor Analytics can be added to a WiX website, please click here. The WiX website will be added to your account afterwards.
- If you do want to add any other type of website (Weebly, WordPress, any html-website, etc.), please click on the button "No": You will be forwarded to another modal, which asks you to enter the URL of the website and set the timezone. If you want to know how Visitor Analytics has to be installed on a certain type of website please check our corresponding support section here.
Important note upfront: This is only possible if you have access to an admin-account on a website.
If you are really sure about deleting a website from your account (this action cannot be reversed, nor can we re-establish data once it is deleted), you have to go into the line of the table in which the website is shown that you want to delete. If you are the admin of this website, you will see a little "trash"-icon. If you click this trash icon, a new modal will open, asking you to confirm this step by entering your password.
At this point, at Visitor Analytics we differentiate between three roles:
- "Owner" of a website: Someone who can basically perform all settings which are available for a website (even reset its data, delete it etc.). You are an owner if you are the one that added the website to your account and also invited another:
- "Editor" of a website: A person that was added to "contribute" to a specific website. This role can edit most of the settings for the website, but cannot reset or delete it.
- "Watcher" of a website: The contributor type with Read-Only permissions, someone who can see all information, but has totally restricted permissions to change anything.
You can see the role of your account for a website in the first column. If you want to edit the current contributors of a website (only possible as an owner), you can click on the "people-icon" (also placed in the first column of this view) and a new modal will open up. In this modal, you see the current list of added contributors with their name, email-address and status (active = has confirmed contribution / inactive = has not confirmed contribution). You can perform two actions here:
- Deleting a contributor: you can do so as an owner by clicking on the "trash"-icon on the very right of each contributors line. Another modal will open up in which you will have to confirm your action by entering your account password.
- Adding a new contributor: this option is only available for owners. In the lower left part of the modal, you will see the button "Add website contributor". A new modal will open up. Please follow the simple instructions there.
This feature allows you to offer our app's tools to your customers, customized with your own logo, colors and company details. In this tab, you can Set up your own Theme, enable it for the desired website(s) in your list and invite your customers to check the stats of the White Label enabled website(s) within a customized interface.
Make sure you enable the White Labelling for your account, it is free for one website, so you can give it a try.
How to provide all our tools & features to your clients in your own branding
- First, add all your clients' websites to your account, then enable this WL feature
Note: The custom theme you set up will only be available for the enabled website(s).
- Second step is to set up up your own Theme, by:
- Defining a custom URL, so that your contributors can see the app as being yours
- Adding your own logo, which will replace the classic Visitor Analytics one in the header
- Selecting the most suitable color pack, for what the application will look like
- Selecting the desired font of the text to be displayed within the entire app
- Then you can start adding contributors, with Editor or Watcher roles
Note: Make sure the website is WL enabled before sending a contributor invitation, so that the user receiving it, can register/log into your own custom defined URL and see the customized interface you just defined.
- A commission from the purchased plans (Pro+ or higher), for each WL enabled websites can be offered to you.
Important Note: Make sure the website is enabled, before the subscription is purchased, in order to benefit from the commission. Otherwise, it will only be applicable at the next payment cycle.
Get the White Labelling started, subscribe each website to at least a Pro Plus plan and get a commission of minimum 15% of the amount (depending on the White Label plan you have active for your account, you can manage the White Label Subscrption from the My Account tab).
The commission is accumulated at each payment cycle, so if the website's plan is paid monthly, you will get minimum of 15% summed on a monthly basis (or yearly if the case). In order to access your commission payouts, you will need to send us a bill at the end of each quarter containing the displayed commission amount.
Important Note: Make sure the website is WL enabled, before the subscription is purchased, in order to benefit from the commission. Otherwise, it will only be applicable at the next payment cycle.
This table provides you with a list of all your invoices.
Important notes upfront:
- These invoices only refer to "non-WiX-websites". The billing for WiX-websites is done separately on WiX.
- This view includes all invoices from all websites added to your Visitor Analytics account. If you want to have a list of only website specific bills, please go to the website settings.
The table is made of the following columns:
- Billing date: Date that the invoice has been created
- URL: Refers to the internet address of the website this bill refers to
- Amount: The billing amount in USD (further currencies will be available soon)
- Status: Status of the payment (Paid, unpaid, etc.)
- View Invoice: By clicking on the corresponding icons in this table, you will be forwarded to the PDF-download of each bill.
We use YouTube to play videos (i.e. explanation videos of features) which are directly embedded within Visitor Analytics. When you revoke the option to play embedded YouTube elements, we will most likely show you a version that is stored on our website. In this case, you will not be able to see comments or any other video interactions. You can also always watch the videos directly on Youtube.