What It Is All About
Account Settings. All you need to know.
In your account settings, you can add your account information, manage your websites, activate and manage White Label analytics, or find an overview of your invoices. For more information, please select one of the articles below:
Managing Your Account Info
In this view, you can add or edit your Personal Data (these apply to the account itself), and also add or edit your Business Data (in case you want to enable white-labelling for your account, so that your clients know who you are). Here you can also delete the account if needed, in Account Options.
- Personal Data represents youraccount credentials (email address & password) and the name you would like us to address you. Changing the email or the password will affects the login credentials, so make sure you have them at hand.
- Business Data consists of the name of your company, the business sector your company is in, the address, and VAT number (if applicable). Here you can also manage your white-labelling subscription and the billing details, in case you decide you want to customize the platform for your client(s) with your own company details, logo, and colors, and share the stats with them. Find more about this within the White Label section.
- Account Options give you the possibility to delete your account completely. Note that you can only do that after removing all the websites from your account, as an extra layer of security, to make sure it doesn't get deleted by mistake. Once that is done, you can also delete the account. You will NOT be able to restore existing account information or website data.
Managing Your Account Website(s)
In this view, you are being presented with all the websites that were added to your account. The websites can be filtered by their current status or you can also search for a specific one if needed.
- If your role for a specific website is not "Owner", some details/options might not be available for you
- All the data shown in the graphs is based on the selected time period
- If some of the websites were added at a later time, you might see empty graphs for the current range - so make sure you select an applicable date range to see data for the desired website
Each website has some essential details that will be explained below.
- The URL of the website and the "More Options" (right beside it, accessed via the 3-dot "meatballs menu")
- Clicking the URL will select the website and you will be redirected to its Stats Dashboard
- The "More Options" gives you the ability to manage even more things for that website, such as:
- View Tracking Code, in case you need to copy it again
- "Manage Contributors" to share the stats with your colleagues/collaborators/clients
- Get redirected to the "Website Settings" to set some specific aspects per website
- "Copy Website ID" - its sole purpose is to make an integration with Google Tag Manager possible (just copy the website's ID and fill in the required field when installing our paltform via GTM)
- "Apply White-Label" to enable the custom theme you created for your customers and get a commission from the subscription they are paying (for that website)
- "Remove the Website", to completely delete it - but make sure you really want to do it, because it cannot be recovered
Important Note: If the account you are logged in with, has the role of a contributor for the website, you will not have the permission to delete it, but only to leave.
- The Status of the Website, which can be either:
- Active, if the platform was installed correctly and visits are being tracked
- Inactive, if the tracking code was not embedded or incorrectly embedded in the source code of your website and the platform cannot track the visits
Important Note: It is possible that your website has the status "Inactive", even though you installed the tracking code correctly. Please either visit the website yourself (if you have not excluded your own visits from tracking) or wait for the first visit to happen on your website. The status should be "Active" afterwards. To check whether the tracking code has been installed correctly, you can always click on the red or green dot icon at the top left corner within the header (once you select the website).
- Your Role for the Website:
- Owner, Editor, or Watcher
- Owner, Editor, or Watcher
- White Label Status:
- Enabled, if the custom White-Labelled theme is applied to that website
- Disabled, if the website's stats are only presented in the default application theme to every user that has access to them
- Website's Pricing Plan:
- The name of the pricing plan this website is currently running on, depending on the website's traffic (please note, if you have a Wix website, you will only see a "View on Wix" link to manage your plan directly in your Wix account)
- The plans are colored depending on the current status of the subscription: green (active plan), orange (expired, ended, cancelled). If the color of the plan is orange, hover it to find more details and go to the website's Subscription Settings to manage your plan
- Important KPIs for your website (Visitors, Unique Visitors, Page visits, Conversions), from which you can selct to transpose on to a graph on the right side
Hint: If you move your cursor to single data points within the chart, you will see additional information.
Adding a New Website
If you want to add a new website, you need to click on the button "Add a new website" in the upper right corner of the view. You will then be forwarded to a modal which enquires as to whether your website source is Wix, Weebly, or other.
- If you are using either Wix or Weebly, please click on the relevant button. You will then be forwarded to the Wix or Weebly dashboard. If you want to know how the application can be added to a Wix or Weebly website, please click here. The Wix or Weebly website will then be added to your account afterwards.
- If you want to add any other type of website (WordPress, any html-website, etc.), please click on the "No, I don't Use Any of the Above" button. You will then move on to the second step on the new website onboarding modal, which asks you to enter the URL of the website. If you want to know how the application has to be installed on a certain type of website please check our corresponding support section here.
Deleting a Website
Important Note Upfront: this is only possible if you have access to an admin account on a website.
If you are really sure about deleting a website from your account (this action cannot be reversed, nor can we re-establish data once it's deleted), you have to click on the 3-dot "meatballs" menu for the relevant website. If you are the admin of this website, you will then see a little "trash" icon and the command "Remove Website" at the bottom of this menu.. If you click this trash icon, a new modal will open asking you to confirm the website deletion by entering your password.
Different Roles & Adding Contributors to a Website
At this point, the application differentiates between three roles:
- Website "Owner": Someone who can access all available settings for a website (even reset its data, delete it, etc.). You are an owner if you are the person that added the website to your account and invited others.
- Website "Editor": A person that was added to "contribute" to a specific website. This role can edit most of the settings for the website, but cannot reset or delete it.
- Website "Watcher": This contributor type has "read only" permissions - they can see all information, but are compelted restricted when it comes to changing anything.
You can see the role of your account for a website in the first column. If you want to edit the current contributors of a website (only possible as an owner), you have to click the "meatballs menu" and select the "people-icon" next to the command "Manage Website Contributors".
A new window will then open up, where you can see the current list of contributors with their name, email address, and status (active = has confirmed contribution / inactive = has not confirmed contribution). You can perform two actions here:
- Delete a Contributor: you can do so as an owner by clicking on the "general prohibition" icon on the very right of each contributor's line. Another modal will then open up, in which you will have to confirm your action by entering your account password.
- Add a New Contributor: this option is only available for owners. On the right hand side of the new window, you will see the "Add New Contributor" section. Here, you can enter the email address and role of a new contributor and invite them by clicking the "Invite" button.
White Label Our Platform
The "White Label" feature enables you to offer our platform's featuress to your customers within your own branding.
By selecting any of the White Label-related menu options at the top of your Account Settings, you will be led to a modal from which you can opt to "Try the Free Plan of White Label". Or, if you already have active White Label websites, these options will instead lead you to a range of information, settings, and options related to your White Label websites.
Once active, this White Label section of your settings will enable you to set up your own theme, enable this theme for the desired website(s) in your list, and invite your related customers to check their website stats within a customized interface.
Make sure you enable the White Labelling for your account - it is free for one website, so why not give it a try?
How to Provide All Our Features to Your Clients in Your Own Branding
- First, add all your clients' websites to your account, then enable this White Label feature
Note: The custom theme you set up will only be available for the enabled website(s).
- Second step is to set up up your own theme, by selecting the "White Label Theme" option at the top of yout Account Settings" and:
- Defining a custom URL, email addresses, and legal links, so that your contributors can see the platform as being yours from start to finish
- Adding your own logo, which will replace the classic one in the header
- Selecting the most suitable color palette for your platform
- Selecting the desired font to be displayed across the entire platform
- If you have a "Standalone" website, invite a contributor, and then apply the White Label theme, all contributor accounts are converted to "white-label contributor accounts" (the website disappears from the website seletor in the original contributor account and is from now on only accessible via the subdomain login). Of course, the original contributor account will still exist - it simply does not have the website anymore when logging in via the default visa login
- If the White Label theme is removed from/deactivated for a White Label website, all Whitel Label contributor accounts will be deleted and the website owner will have to re-invite all contributors for the "Standalone" website
- Once this is complete, you can start adding contributors, with Editor or Watcher roles
Note: Make sure the website is White Label enabled before sending a contributor invitation, so that the user receiving it can register/log into your own custom defined URL and see the customized interface you have defined.
- A commission from the purchased plans (Pro+ or higher) for each White Label-enabled website is extended to you
Important Note: Make sure the website is enabled, before the subscription is purchased, in order to benefit from the commission. Otherwise, it will only be applicable at the next payment cycle.
Managing Your White Label Websites
By selecting the "White Label Websites" option at the top of your Account Settings, your are able to easily manage any of the White Label websites you have already set up.
Here, you will see
- Whether or not tracking data is active
- Whether the White Label Theme is enabled or disabled
- The active Pricing Plan
- The Contributors, and
- Your Role
Managing Your White Label Commission
Once you have activated white-labeling and subscribed each website to at least a Pro Plus plan, you will receive a commission of at least 15%of the amount (depending on the White Label plan you have active for your account, which you can manage from the My Account tab).
This commission can be monitored and mananged from the "White Label Commission" tab in the top menu of your Account Settings. Here, you can also upgrade the package for each of your White Label websites.
The commission is accumulated at each payment cycle - so, if the website's plan is paid monthly, you will get minimum of 15% summed on a monthly basis (or yearly for annual licences). In order to access your commission payouts, you will need to send us a bill at the end of each quarter containing the displayed commission amount.
Important Note: Make sure the website is White Label enabled before the subscription is purchased, in order to benefit from the commission. Otherwise, it will only be applicable at the next payment cycle.
Managing Your Invoices
This table provides you with a list of all your invoices.
Important Notes Upfront:
- These invoices only refer to "non-Wix websites". The billing for Wix websites is done separately on Wix.
- This view includes all invoices from all websites added to your account. If you want to have a list of only website specific bills, please go to the website settings.
The table is made of the following columns:
- Billing Date: Date that the invoice has been created
- URL: Refers to the internet address of the website this bill refers to
- Amount: The billing amount in USD (further currencies will be available soon)
- Status: Status of the payment (paid, unpaid, etc.)
- View Invoice: By clicking on the corresponding icons in this table, you will be forwarded to the PDF download of each invoice
Managing Your Consents
We use YouTube to play videos (i.e. explanation videos of features), which are directly embedded within the application. When you revoke the option to play embedded YouTube elements, we will most likely show you a version that is stored on our website. In this case, you will not be able to see comments or any other video interactions. You can also always watch the videos directly on Youtube.