How to install Visitor Analytics on Drupal
Two Options. Same Result.
We are now part of the Drupal community. You can add Visitor Analytics on your Drupal 7/8 site directly from Modules Market.
How to install the module (once you have it as .zip or .tar.gz):
1. Go to your Drupal Dashboard
2. Go to Modules (Drupal 7) / Extend (Drupal8)
3. Make sure that Update Manager enabled (so you can install new modules) and Save configuration (only for Drupal 7)
4. Click on Install new module
5. Choose the .zip/.tar.gz file and Install it
6. Enable Visitor Analytics and Save configuration (only for Drupal 7)
7. Select Configure button, right by the Visitor Analytics module
Visitor Analytics can be found in Configuration menu as well
Adding as script
If you do not want to install the module, you can simply add a script (our tracking code) to the source code of your website, following these steps:
1. Sign in to or register your Visitor Analytics account.
2. Add your website url and select your timezone
NOTES: If you are registering a new account, you will fill in the website URL during the process. We recommend you to copy the URL address from the address bar of your browser. This way you make sure that the URL is complete and correct and includes the protocol, if the case.
3.Copy the Tracking Code generated by our app to place it in the source code of your website
4. Log into your Drupal account and select your project
5. Click on Structure button from the top left side
6. Select Block layout and then Custom block library
7. Click on Add custom block button
8. Give your block a name
9. At the bottom chance select the Text format to Full HTML
10. Select Source
11. Paste the Visitor Analytics tracking code into the text box
12. Hit the Save button
13. Click Block layout tab
14. Scroll down and click Place Block button next to Footer
15. Click Place Block button next to your freshly created block
16. Click on Save blocks button
You are all set now and can check your website statistics at any point in time.