How to install Visitor Analytics using the Google Tag Manager
Using Google Tag Manager
We are now part of the GTM (Google Tag Manager) community. You can add Visitor Analytics to your website directly through GTM.
1. Go to your Tag Manager account and follow these steps:
2. Go to Templates from the left-side menu and click Search Gallery under the Tag Templates card
3. Find the Visitor Analytics template and add it to your Workspace
4. Now go to Overview and click on Add a new tag card (or go to Tags and click on New)
5. Select the Tag icon and choose Visitor Analytics from your list
6. Go to your Visitor Analytics account and get the website ID directly from there (Click on Copy code, by your website URL), or by selecting your desired website and copy the ID from the URL after the website/ part
7. Go back to your tag and place it in the Website ID field
8. Set up a trigger selecting the Triggeringicon and only choose the option named All pages
9. Save all your changes and Submit them
10. Publish your changes
You are all set now and can check your website statistics at any point in time.