How to install Visitor Analytics on any HTML-website
On any HTML-website
It only takes a few minutes to install Visitor Analytics on your own website. Once installed, you will be able to get a clear grasp on your website traffic!
Here is how to install Visitor Analytics:
- Sign in to or register your Visitor Analytics account.
- Add your website url and select your timezone
NOTE: We recommend you to copy the URL address from the address bar of your browser. This way you make sure that the URL is complete and correct.
- Copy the Tracking Code generated by our app and place it in the <head> section of your website source code, then publish the changes.
NOTE: You can find detailled information on how to add your tracking code for any type of website (weebly, wordpress, etc.) in the video above or in our install guide.
- Go back to your Visitor Analytics Dashboard and Click on Check if code is working correctly button.
- If everything has been successfully accomplished, you may visit your live site, then refresh the dashboard's window to see your first stats.
- In case you will ever need to re-install the tracking code, you can find it in your Account Settings, or by simply checking the Tracking code notification icon from the right corner of the dashboard's header.
- After creating an account, an email will be sent to your inbox which contains all the necessary details. Do not forget to Confirm your account within 10 days.
- If you already have an account, all you need to do is to Add a new website to your account, starting to follow the instructions from the 2nd step.
- Please, do not hesitate to contact our support directly, if you encounter difficulties at any of the steps!
PS: We are now part of the GTM (Google Tag Manager) community. You can add Visitor Analytics to your website directly through GTM.