FAQs on WiX Integration
If you do not find what you are looking for, please contact us!
- Why are not all the visits being tracked by Visitor Analytics?
- Why are my website analytics statistics different than my ad statistics?
- When using Visitor Analytics, do I need to notify the visitors and display a popup about cookies?
- Why am I not getting WiX Chat visit notifications on my phone?
- Visitor Analytics keeps loading. What to do?
- How do I turn off AMP on my WiX Blog?
- How can I check my Visitor Analytics without going through the "site editor"?
- How to install the recordings feature?
- What are the limitations of the Visitor Recordings feature?
- How di I export data for my WiX website?
- How do I make the Visitor Analytics stat-counter widget invisible on my live website?
- How do I track a Submit/Subscribe action?
- How do I delete Visitor Analytics from my WiX-site?
Visitor Analytics does everything it can do to obtain data from all the visitors coming to your site. Even so, there are sessions where visitor data cannot be collected. The app cannot track visitors who:
- Are excluded due to the Free version limit exceeding. Learn more about our basic package limitation.
- Have enabled Do Not Track option in their Chrome/Firefox/Edge/Opera etc. browser (or its equivalent Ask websites not to track me named in Safari).
- Preferred to disable Visitor Analytics from our Opt-Out page.
- Have their IP ignored within your Visitor Analytics settings.
- Run browser extensions such as AdBlock, Avira, uBlock, Ads Killer, uBlock Origin, uBlock Plus, AdBlock Genesis Plus etc. that have EasyPrivacy option enabled (which means that loading additional tracking scripts is not allowed).
Furthermore: Visitor Analytics have a bot & crawler filter, so it does not collect data from most of the bots and crawlers around the web, in order to keep the stats as accurate as possible.
Looking into analytics is a normal step in the process and seeing different data than in your ads stats might puzzle you.
For a comprehensive understanding of your website traffic, it is important to know about the differences between the biggest tracking platforms and how they collect data.
There are some cases when your Google or Facebook Ads data might not match your Analytics data. Here are some of the most common reasons.
Advertising providers track clicks, whereas Analytics tools tracks sessions. There are several reasons that these metrics may differ:
- A customer may click your ad multiple times. When one person clicks an ad multiple times in the same session, AdWords record multiple clicks while Analytics tools recognize the separate page views as one session.
- A person might click on an ad, and then later, during a different session return directly to the site through a bookmark or saved link. This would register as one click in AdWords, but multiple sessions in Analytics.
- Someone might click on your ad and then change her mind and prevent the page from fully loading by clicking to another page or by pressing the browser Stop or Back buttons. In this case, Analytics won’t register a session, but AdWords still counts this as a click.
It is also well known that tracking platforms (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Analytics) track visits, clicks and traffic differently. Therefore, you may see different metrics in different platforms as well:
- Clicks vs. Sessions: Some services (e.g., Google Ads) track every click a visitor makes, whereas other services (e.g., Google Analytics) only track one click per session.
- Filtering of invalid clicks: Some services filter out invalid clicks, while others show all clicks.
- Tracking blocked by browser extension: Some browser extensions block tracking by certain tracking services and prevent them from collecting data.
In order to be GDPR compliant you have to alert your site visitors about cookies that are placed by your site (not only the Visitor Analytics ones, but all of them).
Please note that data protection legislation may vary locally and may change from time to time. Hence, this might be too general or become insufficient for your country/region/state.
Visitor Analytics offers e-mail reports related to your website stats, based on your settings:
- Every day
- Every week
- Every month
Or you can opt-in to receive tailored Tips & tricks on improving your website performance and Visitor Analytics usage (no more than 2 emails/month) and to receive special offers from Visitor Analytics (no more than 1 email/month).
If you used to receive push notifications on your mobile phone any time someone visited your site, or when a visitor started a chat with you, most probably you had the WiX Mobile App installed.
By default, Wix Chat notifications are enabled on the WiX Mobile app and the service & data is not tied to Visitor Analytics.
If you want to activate this service, check this short WiX article about Managing Chat and Visitor Notifications in the Wix Mobile App.
If the app keeps loading or if nothing is displayed, there might be some external factors causing difficulties in regards with this. In order to see your app data, we'd like you to do these steps:
- Open the browser you're using
- Turn off any running or activated adBlockers
The reason for this action is that if do you have any running add-ons or browser extensions (e.g. AdBlock, Avira, uBlock, Ads Killer, uBlock Origin, uBlock Plus, AdBlock Genesis Plus, Norton etc.), Visitor Analytics might not load accordingly
- Go to your browser's settingsand Clean all the cached images and files
If the above resolution does not work, please try and open the app in a different browser or in an Incognito/Private session. This way you make sure this is something related to the browser.
Additional note: If an Adblocker has the Easy Privacy option turned ON (otherwise called for some) they'll block additional tracking. Some of them (uBlock Origin, uBlock Plus, AdBlock Genesis Plus) have this option selected by default, while others (AdBlock, AdBlock Plus, Ads Killer Plus) do not have it by ON by default, but still have this option.
It's perfectly fine to disable them from running on some of the pages, for instance, for the ones that you own and you can manage (your website pages and your editor's one). There is nothing that needs to be blocked, most probably.
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) could improve the loading time of pages on mobile, but that comes with some malfunctions when it comes to tracking the traffic on them.
And all Wix blog versions use AMP now.
How does AMP work and why should I turn it off?
Once you turn on AMP, visitors using a mobile device are directed to the AMP optimized page (that displays your blog post content and images only, without loading any scripts/apps) when accessing your blog posts through a Google Search or a shared link (e.g. on Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram etc.).
You might see a drop for mobile visits in your Visitor Analytics stats after enabling the AMP. This does not mean that you are receiving less traffic on mobile, but simply that Visitor Analytics is unable to track it.
Note: Any app that sits on a page that would get served over AMP would have this issue.
If you want to get real insights about your blog traffic, turning off this feature is the most appropriate solution.
Here's how to turn off AMP:
- Open the Blog Manager.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Turn off Google AMP.
Note: To turn off this feature, you must have at least one post published on your blog.
Click here to learn more about the AMP project.
We know that checking your stats by going through your Wix dashboard can be a pain! But worry no more! You can now see your stats without logging into Wix and by using your mobile device as well!
And we have some extra features too: you can add contributors to view your stats or track your campaigns traffic, all these from a responsive app, that can be easily added to your phone or tablet.
Note: This feature is available only if you have the premium version of Visitor Analytics app for the selected website.
Here are the steps to get direct access to your stats:
1. Go to your Wix account, select the site that you want direct access to and go to the Visitor Analytics app
2. Click the "Activate direct access" button from your overview
3. Add your email address and click Activate Direct Access!
4. Check your Email Inbox (the Spam folder as well) of your email address written in the previous step and click on the link button Get direct access to my data
Note: If you did not receive an email after this step, or you want to create a Visitor Analytics account with another email address, or you realized you wrote a wrong email address, click the "Resend direct access request" link in the Visitor Analytics app from your Wix account and complete the form with the desired email address
5. Create a new Visitor Analytics account using the email address from the previous steps (if you don't have one already). No worries, we will import your Wix site stats here!
6. From this step forward, you can go to Visitor Analytics Login anytime and see the stats for the Wix site(s) you've added.
7. Add Visitor Analytics to your phone/tablet for easier and faster access
If you want to see the stats of another Wix site in the same Visitor Analytics account, you can repeat all the steps above, by completing the "Activate Direct Access" form using the same email address.
Install Video Recordings to record & play videos of what the visitors did on your website!
We know how important it is to see what your customers do on the website. With Visitor Recordings, you will replay the full visitor experience, identify pain points, boost conversions, and optimize your site.
So here are the steps to follow in order to activate the Visitor Recordings feature
- Log into your Wix account, go to My Sites and Select & Edit your site
- Go to Apps from the Main left-side menu, select Visitor Analytics, then click on Install on my website button of the pop-up message (If you recently upgraded to a premium version)
- If you already had the premium version and there is no pop-up message when you open the app, go to Behaviour (left-menu within Visitor Analytics app) and get it from there. Select Install on my website
- Follow the steps presented within the second pop-up message that will appear on your screen
- If the pop-up message gets closed prematurely, you can always find a card of the feature if you simply go to Settings (left-menu within Visitor Analytics app)
Check this video related to the next steps:
- Copy the tracking code generated by our app
- Go back to Main Menu in Wix Dashboard and select Settings
- Click on Tracking & Analytics and select the New Tool button
- Go to Add Code to Pages, select All pages and from the drop-down menu select Load code once
- Click on Apply button
- You have the ability to set up the recordings as you please, going to Visitor Recordings settings (within Behaviour menu)
- This feature is only available for Visitor Analytics Premium (Basic plan - 15 recordings/month or Advanced plan - 25k recordings/month ). Please note that in order to add a custom script, you need to have a premium Wix account as well.
- Your visitors must leave the website, in order for you to see the recordings within our app.
- There are some limitations that prevent us from recording certain things on your website. Check out this article for more details.
This feature is available for Wix websites that have Direct Access to our standard app as well (Here is how to claim it, if it was not yet). Just log into your Visitor Analytics account and go to Behaviour to check the recordings.
Note: This feature is available within our standard app, only for Visitor Analytics Premium in Wix and only if Direct Access was claimed.
You can now install Visitor Recordings, a feature that will allow you to record & play videos of what visitors did on your website!
We know how important it is to see what your customers do on the website. With Visitor Recordings, you will replay the full visitor experience, identify pain points, boost conversions, and optimize your site. However, there are some limitations that prevent us from recording certain things on your website, due to some technical security clauses. They are mentioned below:
Visitor Recordings Limitations
Websites come in all types and, unfortunately, there are some limitations to the Visitor Recording feature:
- If you have iFrames, images or SVGs being part of a deeper iFrame, you may see a Missing content message at the moment, as we cannot access iframes. Same for the recordings created for visits by users who have AdBlockers in use on their browser.
- If your Wix blog or site has additional pop-ups, apps or widgets installed, Visitor Analytics won't access that information due to security reasons, as those are third-party apps and our code is added on your website.
- Parallax scrolling is best replayed via Firefox browsers.
- Some dynamic pages may encounter issues in displaying hover elements (such as eCommerce apps within Wix).
- Some records might not appear in your list, due to the fact that visitors have blocked Cookies, or they have Do Not Track option enabled in their browsers. Another possibility would be the Easy Privacy option enabled within their ad-blocker/extension.
Note: If none of these exceptions (described at this point), does not apply to your visitors, they must leave the website, in order for you to see the resulted recording.
Your feedback is really important!
Your feedback is very valuable for us and it will help us grow faster and improve Visitor Analytics and all its features for you.
If you face any issue, such as malfunctions or misbehaviors of the player, or maybe you feel like something is not clear or is completely missing, feel free to contact us (via email , or via our chat bubble) and we will look into it soon as possible.
It will be highly appreciated and it will help us to improve the functionality of our feature any time soon.
You can easily export your visitors' data or visits history as .csv or .xlsx at any moment! To do so, please follow these steps:
- Log into your Wix account and select your Website
- Go to Apps -> Visitor Analytics
- From the left-side menu, select Export button
- Choose what data you want to export (Visitors / Visits)
- Select the time range and the file type and click on Export
Note: You can only export data for a 31 day time range!
If you added the Visitor Analytics widget to your website and you can see it on the public website, no worries: this can be changed at any moment!
Here is how to manage your stats (stat-counter widget) visibility on your website:
- Go to your Wix Editor and click on the Visitor Analytics widget
- Click the Settings button in the upper side of your widget and a new menu will show up. (If you cannot see the Settings or View stats buttons, please switch your Wix language to English)
- Go to the new opened menu and click Settings
- Select Don't display on website
- Publish your website changes (from the upright corner of the editor).
By doing this, nothing gets shown on your website and you can check all the stats from your Visitor Analytics Dashboard or by clicking View Stats on the widget.
- If the widget is still visible after you chose not to display it and published it, please clear your browser's cache, refresh the page and Publish the changes again (with the Don't display on website option selected).
- If you do not want anything added to your website (either in your editor or on your live website) but only to track the data, you can delete the widget and install the Visitor Analytics dashboard app only. Just take a look at this article and install the app according to your preferences, then check your stats at any moment!
- Make sure that you do not have any Adblocker (e.g. AdBlock, Avira, uBlock, Ads Killer etc.) active. Otherwise, the app might have displaying issues.
- Make sure that you DO NOT delete the stat-counter widget from the Editor (if it was installed). Removing this element will also delete the app from your site's dashboard.
Would you like to know who have submitted a form or subscribed a newsletter to your website? Despite the fact that this cannot be simply done, that's possible, though, thanks to the following workaround:
- Add a form on your page. From your Editor, select Add button and Contact.
Hint: The form can also be a custom one. Here is how to create one and connect it to a database.
- Create a Thank you page (or something similar) and hide it from being seen by visitors (this will allow you to have more accurate stats). You can personalize it as you please.
- Go back to the page where your form is, select it and click on Settings icon. Select Link to page or lightbox and choose the Thank you page. This will redirect the users to your newly created page
- Publish your changes
Hint: If you want to track any other actions of a custom button, all you have to do is to repeat the 2nd step, then select the button and link it to your page.
- Set your Thank you page as a Conversion page within your Visitor Analytics Dashboard.
That's it! You can now simply distinguish who is submitting/subscribing something out.
We are sorry to see you go!
There are different types of apps available in the Wix App Market. Choose the relevant type of app to get instructions on how to delete it.
Delete the Visitor Analytics Widget in the Editor
- Click the app in the Editor or from your pages (based on where you placed it)
- Click Delete on your keyboard or right click and select Delete.
- Publish your site to save the changes and to remove any related tabs from your dashboard.
Delete Visitor Analytics added only to your site's dashboard
Visitor analytics can also work in the background without being added to your Editor. It will only appear in your site's dashboard and it should be deleted from the dashboard.
- Go to your site's dashboard.
- Click the Apps tab.
- Click the Manage Apps tab.
- Click the Delete icon next to the app.
Note: If you purchased a subscription for the app, make sure to cancel your app subscription first.