The traffic charts display the peaking traffic dring per hour, weekdays, and months and it can be used to launch the website content and campaigns and the right time.
What metrics are displayed within the Traffic Charts?
The Traffic Charts refer to a set of charts showing the number of visitors and page visits (names page loads in the charts) per month, weekdays and hours. The following metrics are displayed in the charts within the Visitor Analytics dashboard:
- Number of Visitors by Hour
- See where your traffic has peaked during the day. These numbers are calculated by doing the arithmetic mean of the visiting hours over the past week. The same visitor that visits the website twice during different hours will be counted twice.
- Number of Visitors by Week Days
- See where your traffic has peaked during the week. The same visitor that visits the website twice during different days will be counted twice.
- Number of Visitors by Month
- Shows the number of visitors your website had monthly in the past year. A visitor is counted for each month that he has visited.
- Number of Page Loads by Month
- Shows the number of page loads your website had monthly in the past year.
- Number of Page Loads by Hour
- See how your traffic has peaked during the day by seeing an hourly page load arithmetic mean for the past week.
- Number of Page Loads by Week Days
- Shows the number of daily page loads for the past week.
Why should you analyze the Traffic Charts?
Tracking and analyzing these metrics help you:
- Schedule the best hours and days to publish new content (e.g., blog posts, new products in the shop, etc.)
- Pick the right time-frame to display some promotions in a pop-up or to ask for e-mail addresses
- Know when to take some vacation days because the traffic is lower than usual.
- Identify the right time to launch a great giveaway or a contest
- Boost your traffic and get the best performance for your paid partnerships in terms of content (advertorial content)
- Engage with your customers via chat at the right time. You will know what is the best day and hour to be fully available for your visitors.