All you need to know about your website's settings
In your website settings you can manage specific components of that specific / selected website in the upper left corner (directly on the right side of the logo). The following sections are available to you:
- General Settings of selected website
- Subscription Settings of selected website
- Conversion Pages of selected website
- Dynamic Pages of selected website
- Privacy Center
Important hint: if you have more than one website in your account: Remember that these settings only apply to the selected website within the dropdown in the upper left corner of this view. If you want to apply a certain setting for all your websites added to your Visitor Analytics account, you need to repeat the setting for each website.
Here you will find all the important general settings, like "timezone", "data protection settings", etc. that you can define per each website. You can update the website's settings anytime you like. These settings are available for both website owners and website contributors.
This tile allows you to define the local time/time zone for this website. This is important to display the statistics right for you and for you received more sophisticated results for decision-making.
Important hint: If you have multiple websites, please set the time zone for each newly added domain.
In this tiles you are able to select notifications you would like to receive via email:
- "Tips & offers": within such notifications we will inform you about special offers and discount from Visitor Analytics and our partners.
- Website statistics reports: in this email-notification you will see a set of the most important statistics (number of visitors, unique visitors, conversions, etc.) regarding a website. This will supply you on the go with the most important information without you having to log in to your Visitor Analytics account.
- Frequency of website statistics reports: Here you can choose, whether you would like to receive the statistic reports daily, weekly or monthly.
- Email address: please fill in your desired email address on which you would like to receive these notifications
- You cannot opt out of receiving service messages, such as payment, security or legal notifications.
If you do not want certain visits to be considered in the data within your Visitor Analyitcs account, you have three options:
- Ignore visits from this browser: Visitor Analytics will not count any data done by you using the browser you were moving in, when you did this setting. Of course, other people, using the same browser (but have a different IP), will still be tracked.
- Supply selected visitors with a link, which will not be tracked: If you anonymized IPs in your settings, you do not know the IPs of your team or you simply do not want a certain visit to appear in your data, please share the link displayed to you at this place with these persons. If they use this link to visit your website, their visit will not be taken into consideration for data displayment.
- Ignore specific IP addresses: Ignore visits from a specific IP address or from classes of IPs by using the * symbol at the end of the numeric label — e.g. if a class of IPs starts with 192.168.123 just add 192.168.123.* and the entire class will be ignored. After you added the IP please click on the button "Apply".
If you have the desire to reset all your tracked data for this website within Visitor Analytics, this can be done here. The action, which can only be performed by a website owner, will remove all your statistics from your account. Your preferences will be kept the same as before. You will have to confirm this action by entering your password.
If you prefer to receive the deleted data via email for backup purposes, we will first send you a link with your "website statistics archive" and only then reset data. Please do not forget to activate the corresponding checkbox in the modal which appears after clicking on the button "Reset data". These processes might take up to 24h – based on your website traffic.
Important hint: While the reset is in progress, your statistics will not be tracked!
You can now choose whether to display your website pages within the app as complete urls or, as before, as predetermined html page titles – based on the text in the page URL.
- Show URLs (e.g. /en/about_us/123)
This gives you the possibility to identify the exact address of the page, but might end up in longer information strings. Nevertheless, this is our recommended form of displaying page addresses.
- Show html-page titles (e.g. En About us 123)
Choosing this option the app will display all pages not using their actual urls but using their html-page titles. This is a more inaccurate form of showing addresses of pages and might lead to some confusion when having a website with many different subpages, but allows cleaner overviews.
Domain Whitelisting allows to include this website's tracking code on other domains or subdomains that you consider part of this website. For instance, if your website is "mywebsite.com", you can whitelist your tracking code for mywebsite.shopify.com and track all the visits under a single Visitor Analytics instance. You can also add rules to whitelist all subdomains for a specific domain in a similar manner: *.anotherwebsite.com.
In this section you have the possibility to define your billing information that should be used for this websites' billing statements, choose the pricing plan for this website based on its website traffic and see a website specific overview of your costs.
The information you add within this tile, will be used and shown for the automatically generated billing statements for this website. You can edit the following information:
- Business/company name
- First name
- Last name
- Address of business/company
- VAT-number of business/company
After you are done, please click the button "Save" at the bottom of the tile. You can edit this information at any point in time. Updated information however can only be used for generated bills after you made a change to the data.
This tile provides you with the information, in which pricing plan you are currently moving in – based on your websites' traffic. The more traffic your website has, the higher is your success. However also our cost at Visitor Analytics increases in processing your data.
Furthermore, you can add your credit card details here for payment. Currently we can unfortunately only accept credit card payments.
Important note: If you have a WiX-website, the entire billing will be done via WiX itself. Unfortunately, we cannot provide it. Please check directly with WiX.
This table will provide you with all the billing values that were produced by the selected website.
The table is made of the following columns:
- Billing date: Date that the invoice has been created
- Amount: The billing amount in USD (further currencies will be available soon)
- Status: Status of the payment (Paid, unpaid, etc.)
- View Invoice: By clicking on the corresponding icons in this table, you will be forwarded to the PDF-download of each bill.
With this feature you can define for which page of your website that your visitors visit, you would like to see a "conversion" in your statistics within Visitor Analytics. You can also group single pages to one conversion page in order to see cumulated statistics. This will allow you to better evaluate the actual success of guiding your visitors through your core processes (i.e. set a conversion when a visitor has completed the checkout on your homepage, has subscribed to your newsletter, has registered as a website-member, etc.). Conversion pages can only be defined by yourself. Until you have done so, no numbers of conversions will be shown.
If you want to add a new conversion page for the selected website, please click on "Add Conversion Page". A new modal will open for which you have to fill out the fields. Try this functionality and analyze your results, there is nothing that can go wrong and your visitors will not notice anything.
In this view you can group identical pages with different URLs (i.e. the same product page for different articles) of your website for clustered statistics.
Imagine you have an E-commerce website. There is a high chance that you will have the same "Thank you" page for all product purchases at the end of the checkout (even though this page has different dynamic parameters in its URL, based on the purchase). If you do not cluster these URLs, you will see data on each "Thank you" page even though it is the same. Clustering these URLs allows you to see combined statistics for this page, but it will not change your data.
If you want to add a new dynamic page for the selected website, please click on "Add Dynamic Page". A new modal will open for which you have to fill out the fields. Try this functionality and analyze your results, there is nothing that can go wrong and your visitors will not notice anything.
Important hint: You can see the statistics of your self-defined dynamic pages in various places (i.e. if you go to Pages --> Page visits).
This module allows you to set different levels of privacy, for your visitors on the selected website, depending on the regulations of each country.
Everything you need to do, is to choose the Privacy Level that fits your needs by simply sliding from left to right on the present graph. The stricter it gets the less information about your visitors will be provided.
Find out what each level represents and what information will not be collected from visitors based on each:
- 1st Mode: Default Privacy (activated by default for each website)
- 2nd Mode: Basic Privacy
- 3rd Mode: Cookieless Tracking
- 4th Mode: Complete Protection
The table below the slider shows exactly & easily understandable what features/information are shown within the app for each privacy mode. A tick indicates that a feature/info is displayed for this mode. If there is no icon, then the feature/info will not be shown for a corresponding selected mode.
Some general hints
- Sliding through the privacy options, will automatically save the selected option. Therefore, please make sure you are acquainted with what each level involves, because some may imply deleting personal data. For example, choosing the "Basic Privacy" or "Cookieless Tracking" mode, will erase all the IP addresses of your visitors stored up until that point and they cannot be recovered, even if you return to "Default Privacy" mode.
- As the mode gets stricter (from left to right), it will include all the predecessors' operations.
- The "Anonymize IP" functionality that was part of the General Website settings, is now included in this module, together with the "Consentless Mode" which is now called "Cookieless Tracking".
- Also, the section about Data Protection Settings is now included here instead of General Website settings.
Having this option set for your wesbite, nothing about your visitors will be anonymized.
With Visitor Analytics you have full control over which website data you track: IP Address, Pages History, Returning Visitors, Visitor Location, Screen Resolutions, so all the information will be displayed by default wtihin the app.
Important Note: This option is set by default for all the new added websites. If the circumstances or laws in your country/region require other extra measures regarding the protection of visitors' personal data, we highly recommend you to make sure you have the correct settings in that regard, for each of your website. You can enable or disable the above mentioned features, with a few simple cicks in order to be compliant with the data privacy regulations from your country or region.
By choosing the "Basic Privacy" mode, all your visitors' IPs will not be stored or shown within the application anymore. Also, all the stored ones up until the activation moment will be erased and cannot be restored.
Important Note: Before Enabling this option, please check the table below the slider, to better understand what information will be anonymized. Note that all the already registered IP addresses will be erased and cannot be restored. We are not tracking your visitors based on their IP address, so this option will not affect your data/number of visitors in any way.
We are fully running without cookies! Activate our innovative "GDPR Mode" (also called consentless-tracking mode) so you don't have to get consent from your visitors anymore for tracking data with Visitor Analytics!
Once you activated this option, you do not need to get a consent from your website visitors anymore, in regards to using our app.
Important Note: Before Enabling this option, please check the table below the slider, to better understand what information will be anonymized. Note that all the already registered IP addresses will be erased and cannot be restored. Your visitors' exact history and path on your website will be also not known.
At this level on the slider, you are protecting your visitors data the most.
The visitor browser's fingerprint will not be used when visiting the website anymore and it will be replaced with a simple generated unique ID for every visit. Also, the exact screen resolution of the visitor is no longer accessed from the user agent (visitor's browser). You can still have access to their approximate geo-location.
Important Note: The lower levels are also covered by this option. Before Enabling it, please check the table below the slider, to better understand what information will be anonymized. Note that all the already registered IP addresses will be erased and cannot be restored. Your visitors' exact history, path on your website and also their fingerprint and screen resolution will be also not known.
If you have a business established in the territory of a member state of the European Union or Switzerland or you have customers from this area, you are subject to the territorial scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In order to use Visitor Analytics according to these regulations, you should enter into a customer contract with Visitor Analytics and to accept the Visitor Analytics Data Processing Terms (DPA). You can download and view the documents by clicking on the corresponding buttons on each documents' line.
- If you have multiple websites, please sign a DPA for each one of them.
- The option "sign" for a DPA can only be seen by the website owner.
Here you can import data from your Google Analytics account. We highly recommend you to import your data after you have successfully installed our app on your website and you already have at least a visit tracked by us, so that there is continuity. You can see the imported data instantly, as it progresses. Your data will be imported backwards, from the most recent date to the most distant in the past one.
Important note:You can only import the data once per website!
More details can be found here.
You can easily export your visitors' data or visits history as .csv or .xlsx at any moment! Select the time range and the file type and click on Export
Note: You can only export data for a 31 day time range!