How to install Visitor Analytics on Wordpress
Two options. Same Result.
1. Go to your Wordpress Dashboard
2. Select the Plugins menu
3. Hit the Add new button
4. Now, you can browse through the plugins or search directly for visitoranalyticsio (easiest way), or you can also upload the plugin in .zip format, if you downloaded it before.
Get a better understanding of how to install the app, checking out the following video:
More than that, if you do not want to install the plugin, you can simply add a script (our tracking code) to the source code of your website, following these steps:
- Go to our standalone app and log in (or register and add your website URL, if you did not do this already)
- Copy the Tracking code generated by our app
- Log into your WordPress account
- Select Plugins from the left sidebar menu
- Click Add New and search for Header and Footer Scripts (or any other plugin that adds scripts to your website)
- Make sure that you install and activate it
- Click on the Settings from the left sidebar menu
- Select Header and Footer Scripts (or the plugin you have installed for this job)
- Paste your Tracking code into the Header or Footer field and select Save settings
Important note: If you do not want to use a plugin that allows you to add scripts such as Header and Footer Scripts, or the plugin isn't working for you, you can still track your self-hosted WordPress site by adding the tracking code to your theme's footer.php file.
Our recommendation is to open your theme's php file in the WP editor, and paste in your tracking code right before the closing </body> tag.