Affiliate marketing is a way of promoting a product or service in order to get a reward for it. So, one way to think about it would be Newton’s third law of motion — “every action has an opposite or equal reaction.” Or the equivalent of “You get what you p̶a̶y̶ promote for” when it comes to your affiliate links.
Being an affiliate can be really rewarding you can make quite some money every day if you place your affiliate links at the right place, in the right moment for the right people. — Riiiight?! But how to do it? You may ask.
Here is a simple guide on how to promote affiliate links
1. Share the affiliate link on your social media accounts as a post
By sharing it, we do not want you to spam! But to post your link on your social media account along with a nice caption about the product/service: why do you recommend it and how will your community/followers benefit from it.
2. Share the link in various social media groups
If you decide to go rogue on social media, you should first identify where you can relate the product with the group’s agenda (and it is allowed to post this kind of posts). And then check for already opened topics on the groups. You may find people looking for that type of solution that you promote and you can answer them directly!
3. Create a tutorial or presentation about the product!
People are visual and need to know why you recommend a product before they’d buy. So, why not telling them your story with the product that you recommend as an affiliate marketer?
Presentation is key
Ok, lots of shares, but how to wrap-up your affiliate links in nicely-designed-stories worth clicking (and subscribing, of course)?
Here is how you can visually share your story, no matter if you are a writer, designer, video person or a social media pal, as long you know is your followers’ interests and the product that you want to promote very well:
- Create a video or tutorial about the product and its perks. Upload it on Youtube and share the link in bio on your Insta or via your social channels
- Design a short presentation on why do you use the service, how is it working and what you can do with it! Upload it on Slideshare and add the link in the description
- Write an article around the product and post it on your most performing channel (blog, facebook notes, Linkedin articles, guest posts, etc) and hyperlink your affiliate link on the appropriate words or media
- Create a nice product image and post it on your Insta feed or story with a link in bio
- If you are more into explaining things, just make a comparison between the product that you promote and the others that you used in the past. If you do it by explaining everything that you liked (or not so much) to each product and how is this one different, people will see from your neutral tone that you actually like this one and that your opinion is objective. This will most likely drive signups from the affiliate links, instead of some rolling eyes with a “yet, another affiliate link” comment.
- Real-life comments or recommendations when the topic pops-up! If someone is looking for a solution while you are out for a break or to grab a coffee, you can definitely tell them about the one that you also have an affiliate program. This will give you the opportunity to pitch it nicely and let them know that you can send them a direct link to the solution to check it out.
Final thoughts on how to promote affiliate links
No matter the channels you pick, please keep in mind that you should always try to offer your affiliate link as a helping-hand!
When you promote affiliate links you have to solve some problems, to showcase why you like the product, how is it going to help and what is the benefit of using it,
Hence, before dropping any affiliate link all over media, make sure that you fully answered with relevant content to your target audience and boom! You will see some nice results and your affiliate links will start generating revenue in no time!
PS: Yes, we do have an affiliate program as well! If you want to be part of the Visitor Analytics ambassadors team, all you have to do is to sign up for our affiliate program and you can start to round up your monthly income! Here is how it works!